Skylark is a beautiful and award winning golf and country club located in Whiteley, Hampshire. Skylark welcomes keen golfers to come and play on the 18 hole manicured golf course, dine in an award winning restaurant, relax in the newly refurbished spa, and enjoy excellent fitness facilities.
Are you passionate about delivering the highest standard of food preparation? Proven kitchen experience or do you just have a keen interest in getting in to the industry? If so, we want to hear from you! This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with a highly-skilled and driven team.
Reporting in to the Head Chef, the successful Commis Chef will be responsible for food preparation in all areas of the kitchen. You will have excellent timekeeping and be eager to learn more about the food industry.
- Cook at a consistently high level
- Look after hygiene and wastage in your own area, and kitchen as a whole
- Liaise with senior Chefs on a daily basis with accurate list of orders for the following day
- Be flexible and willing to support colleagues if required
- Be able to maintain high standards of hygiene, adhering to Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure that all Health & Safety and Food Safety certificates are kept up to date
- Take responsibility for the receipt and safe storage of deliveries
- Order of stock
- Ensure that good levels of personal hygiene are maintained and dress code adhered to
- Any other reasonable duties as require to fulfil the needs of the business
- Continual learning and studying
- Experience of working within a kitchen environment is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Eager to develop within the food industry
- Flexibility towards working hours is essential
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Commis Chef then we want to hear from you.
Skylark is a beautiful and award winning Golf and Country Club, set in 10 acres of Hampshire countryside.
Full Time, 40 hours p.w